OnlyFans Creators FAQ
Using OnlyFans may seem straightforward, but it can be overwhelming for beginners. To assist content creators and fans, here are some commonly asked questions:
How can I begin making money on OnlyFans?
To begin earning on OnlyFans, please follow these steps:
- Add your bank account that is registered under your own name. The bank account should be in the same country as the country that issued your verified photo ID as a Creator.
- As an alternative payout method, you can add a verified e-wallet.
- Complete your W-9 form (for US Creators).
- Ensure that your account is verified.
- Make sure you have set your subscription price. Please note that you may be unable to set a subscription price until your account has been verified.
How much of the payout do I receive?
The balance you see is the exact amount in USD that will be sent to your chosen payment method. Your bank may charge fees for currency conversion or transfers. Your e-wallet company may also charge fees to access the money. Payouts are in USD and will be converted to your account's currency. OnlyFans cannot control the currency exchange rates set by your bank.
Creators get 80% of the money they earn from subscriptions, paid messages, and tips. The other 20% is used for referral payments, payment processing, hosting, support, and other services.
The smallest amount you can withdraw depends on how you want to get paid. In most cases, it's $20. If you're a creator in the US, the minimum payout is $20. If you're a creator outside the US, you can find the smallest payout amount for your chosen payment method on your Banking page.
To be approved as a Creator, you need to submit two photos:
- Close-up photo of your government-issued ID (passport, driver’s license, ID card)
- Photo of you (selfie) holding the same ID
Make sure your face and the ID are fully visible.
Please keep in mind the following requirements that must be met for any uploaded image:
- Images should not be edited, cropped, or resized.
- All images must be in color.
- Submitted documents must be either a photo or a scanned copy. Electronic documents or a photo of a photo will be rejected.
- All four corners of the document must be visible.
- The entire government-issued, non-expired ID must be shown. No parts of the document can be redacted, covered, cut, or censored.
- Files must be in .PNG or .JPG format and should be under 7MB in size.
- The provided document should not expire for at least 30 days from the date of submission.
Applications may be rejected for the following reasons:
- Poor quality selfie or image of a government-issued ID
- Expired or soon-to-expire ID
- Invalid or damaged ID
- Non-government issued ID without holder's photo
- Secondary form of ID required (preferably international passport with English characters)
- Front and back images of government-issued ID required
- Selfie photo with government-issued ID required
- Additional social media verification required (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Cover image or profile photo does not match identity
- Third-party content requires submission of Creator's ID, selfie photo with matching ID, Creator release form, and selfie photo with signed release form
- Misleading or confusing cover images or profile photos
- Escort services promotion
- Prohibited actions: direct contact with Fans, promotion of third-party payment processors or services
- Account owner must be over the age of 18
My account or content is restricted
Your account is limited because of content that goes against our rules.
- Imprisoned persons or persons in custody
- Depiction of a sleeping person (real or depicted) / not conscious
- Publishing personal and private information (doxxing, doxing)
- Content that includes/contains: spy camera images/videos; vomiting or vomiting play, footing, prolapse, extreme gape; lactation or breastfeeding; menstrual bleeding; penetration with items not meant for sexual stimulation
You can have a maximum of two active profiles on OnlyFans. Many creators have one free account and one account with a subscription price. To connect your accounts, go to the "Settings" page.
Can you post nude content on OnlyFans?
No nudity is allowed in your profile picture or header. However, you can include nudity in your posts and messages as long as it follows the Guidelines.
Who can view my OnlyFans page?
Free Account: Registered users can see all your past and current posts on your page. Content must comply with our Terms of Service or be subject to suspension or closure.
Account with Subscription Price: Fans who have paid your subscription price can see your Feed, including current and future posts. Content is hidden for non-subscribers. Content must comply with our Terms of Service or be subject to suspension or closure.
Free trials are temporary free access to content on a paid account for promotion. They do not auto-renew by default. Free trials are used to attract new Fans and can be sent to Fans who have not subscribed to your profile yet or Fans with expired subscriptions. Free trials will not work for Fans who currently have an active subscription or Fans who have not accepted the Free Trial yet. Here are the steps for Free Trials:
- Set a subscription price in Settings.
- Go to the Promotions Page.
- Click "Add a Promotional Campaign".
- Click the Free Trial tab.
- Set the duration of the free trial period.
- Select the number of free trial offers you want to provide.
- Set the expiration date of the free trial offer. After starting a trial campaign, an announcement with your message to Fans will appear on your Profile.
Promotional campaigns are limited-time discounts that Creators can offer to attract new Fans. Creators can customize the discount percentage, offer limit, and expiration date. Promotional campaigns require a subscription price to be set in Settings. To begin a promotional campaign:
- Make sure you have a subscription price set in Settings
- Go to the Promotions Page or your Profile Page
- Click "Add a Promotional Campaign"
- Set your desired discount percentage (up to 90%)
- Set the expiration date of the campaign
- Select the number of discounted subscriptions you would like to provide
- An announcement will appear on your Profile with your message to Fans after starting the campaign
You can choose how much to charge for your subscription, anywhere from $4.99 to $50 per month. Alternatively, you can offer a free subscription. You also have the option to offer bundles, allowing users to purchase 2 or more months of subscription at once. The highest price for a bundle is $250.
The lowest amount you can charge for paid private messages or tips is $3. The highest price for paid posts is $50. The highest price for paid private messages is $100. The highest tip amount is $100 for new users and $200 for users who have been on the platform for at least 4 months.
Tips for Creators
Post content frequently. Share your OnlyFans link on your current social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, etc.). Advertise your OnlyFans link to your followers wherever you can.